Thursday, December 27, 2012

Hello World

I've decided to write a 2D game for the Android platform, and thought that the best way to keep myself motivated would be to document my progress from start to finish. I hope that when I end up with a final product, this blog could serve as a reminder of the design process and hurdles I had to jump through. Hopefully it will help myself or someone else get an idea of the process involved in writing a game from scratch, for Android and other platforms.

My intentions for the blog:

1. No talking about specific bits of code, just generalities
2. Focus more on the concepts of game design than the design itself
3. Links to code documentation or related material
4. Screenshots of the work in progress
5. General griping about getting things to work the intended way

My current skillset:

1. Intermediate level knowledge of Java programming and Object-Oriented design
2. Familiar with text-based game design
3. No knowledge of graphic-based game design or programming.
4. Gamer

No comments:

Post a Comment